Episode 21 - Heart Rate Variability - Predicting Your Performance with Jason Moore of Elite HRV August 10 2016, 1 Comment
Heart Rate Variability. What is it? How do I use it? How can it help me? What makes it different than measuring resting heart rate?
These are questions that often arise when people here the term Heart Rate Variability. In this episode, we dig into the details of this simple, cost-effective, technology that you can start using right now!
We were lucky enough to sit down with the man with all the answers, Jason Moore of the Elite HRV app. Jason and his wife started Elite HRV out of not only a passion for health and fitness, but also an attraction to algorithms, stats, measurements, and calculations. Since launching Elite HRV they have quit their previous jobs and traveled 13 different countries in just12 months, all while helping 60,000 plus users forge themselves into better athletes and enhance their quality of life.
- Is HRV the right tool for me?
- How does it help monitor my recovery status?
- Can I use HRV to train my nervous system? Is this even possible?!
- What are three things I can do today to improve my HRV score tomorrow?
- How am I destroying my HRV score?
- Is too high of an HRV score a negative thing?
- How is my HRV score calculated?
- What is a good score and what factors affect my score?
- What are the proper steps I should follow to ensure an accurate reading?
- Are there any out of the box uses for HRV like diagnosing arrhythmias, fibrillations, food sensitivities, or even heart-attack?
- How can I harness my breath to improve my nervous system, and in turn my HRV score?
As you can see, this is an in-depth conversation with plenty of details and useful tools that you can implement today, even if you monitor your HRV or not. I guarantee you, though, by the end of this episode you'll be searching for a heart rate monitor and downloading the Elite HRV app as soon as humanly possible (factoring in shipping time, download speed, etc.)
For more on Jason and Elite HRV, check out the links and notes below. Mark it on your calendar for August 23, 2016, and sign-up for his upcoming HRV course, which you can consider a Master's class on HRV. Lastly, be on the lookout for his HRV specific podcast hitting your airwaves later this year. Your head may just explode from all this knowledge.
Show Notes and Mentions
HRVCourse.com (Aug. 23, 2016)
Heart Rate Strap