Episode 29 - The Art of Health Hacking with TJ Anderson February 22 2017, 0 Comments
"We do not lack the science, information, or technology to live healthily. We lack the art to use them properly." - TJ Anderson
What an interview! Here's a brief overview of what we tackle in this episode:
- What the hell is health hacking? Why should I even know?
- The long and unusual path that lead TJ to health-hacking
- The dangers involved, including what lead to TJ's ER visit
- Goal setting paradox...how to ensure your goal setting process is delivering results
- Simple questions you need to be asking yourself for profound changes in your relationship with the substances, people, and the world around you
- Healthcare: Patient engagement vs. patient activation, the archaic paternalism model and how it's changing, plus the future of healthcare and nutritional therapy
- Tools and gadgets TJ utilizes on a daily basis to maintain health and performance
- The two most abused "drugs" in our culture and how you can radically change their influence in your life
- The release of TJ's book, The Art of Health Hacking...the mission behind its creation
- Plus...how and why everyone in America needs this book
TJ Anderson (@TJAndersonlive) has spent the better part of 7 years experimenting with everything "health-hacking." He dove headfirst into the ketogenic diet, bulletproof coffee, nootropic supplements, fasting protocols, grounding techniques, breathing patterns, and meditation all in the name of health and performance optimization.
This journey TJ embarked on did not occur on a whim, but its genesis lies in TJ's personal struggle to find fulfillment after modeling left him empty and hollow, the direct opposite of what the magazine covers promised. After meeting and talking with TJ, you can tell he found it. No matter what comes his way, he chooses to live in a beautiful state of mind, and his energy is contagious!
This search for health optimization did not lack in misfortunes, just like any great story. However, TJ utilized these moments of crisis to shift and reshape his way of thinking in regards to his relationships with different substances, food, mother earth, the information he intakes, and the people with whom he surrounds himself.
This conversation with TJ is so much more than just the tips and tricks of a "biohacker." It's a genuine chat about the big things in life; about self-reflective questions that will push you past your comfort zone and force a positive change to occur. Get ready for a paradigm shift in how you view your personal health, relationships, vanity, alcohol, caffeine, intuition, and life.
Be on the lookout for TJ's upcoming book, The Art of Health Hacking. It is the culmination of 7 years of work encompassing his experimentations in biohacking and the practices discussed above. However, just like this interview, it's much more than that! TJ teaches you how to "build your holistic healthcare team, personal self-care strategy, and optimize your health from the inside out."
The book will launch during the spring of 2017, but TJ needs your help to push this work of art to the finish line. Pre-order The Art of Health Hacking on publishizer, a crowdfunding website that connects authors with publishers and allows YOU a backstage glimpse into the creation, publication, and release of TJ's book. Check it out; you want this book in your arsenal.
Show Notes and Other Mentions
Get your copy of The Art of Health Hacking
The Patient Will See You Now by Eric Topol